Sports Physical Therapy at Urbana Sport and Spine
Sports Physical Therapy is our passion. Urbana is a well known sports community and we are excited to be in our newest location. Our Urbana clinic is designed for the Athlete in all of us, focused on taking the athlete from clinic to competition under the sports physical therapists’ watchful eye. We can do this due to the clinic setup; the clinic is in the front of the office and turf in the back of the office! In the large warehouse area, the turf dominates but is specifically designed for sports physical therapy with rubber hardcourt for tennis, serving, basketball players to shoot hoops, an Olympic lifting platform for training and analysis of form, golf swing net for our SwingMax participants and soccer goal for our patients who want to get back to the pitch ASAP. We can start the baseball players’ Throwing Program, work on track athletes starts, etc. The limits are endless! You gotta see it to appreciate. Urbana Sport and Spine is not only Sports Physical Therapy for Athletes. The same skills our therapists use to rehabilitate or optimize an athlete’s performance can be customized to get you back to your daily game!
The exercise area includes:
- Woodway “Curve” Treadmill which is completely self-powered, go as fast as you are capable of going. It is a one-of-a-kind workout experience that requires zero electricity. It challenges the who;e body while burning upwards of 30% more calories than a traditional motorized treadmill.
- Trampoline designed for neuromuscular re-education for upper and lower extremity injuries
- Upper Body Ergometer (UBE)
- Upright and recumbent bicycles
- Recumbent walk-thru bicycle (for patients with low back problems)
- “Core Stix” training platform – an amazing piece of equipment, this can challenge and simulate a multitude of functional movements and work the body more efficiently than most pieces of equipment.
- Total Gym “Power Tower”
In addition to standard equipment, the clinical staff incorporates exercise tools such as the Sportcord, Flexbar, Bodyblade and foam rollers to challenge the body and help you maximize your functional level.
Urbana Sport & Spine
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
We look forward to meeting you and seeing how we can help you.
- 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 7:00 am – 8:00 pm
- 7:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Saturday: CLOSED
- Sunday: CLOSED
We are excited to be in our newest location, Urbana, and serving the people there.
Upper Body Ergometer (UBE)
Our Urbana clinic is designed for the Athlete in all of us, focused on taking the athlete from clinic to competition under the physical therapists’ watchful eye.
Woodway “Curve” Treadmill
“Core Stix” training platform
Total Gym “Power Tower”
ASK THIS LOCATION
Woodway Curve Treadmill
Featuring our Woodway curve treadmill in our Urbana office! It is a self powered manual treadmill that requires no electricity. It is a great tool for our athletes working posterior chain and core muscles facilitating proper gait. You will definitely feel those hamstrings and glutes firing more than a recreational treadmill. Come check it out!Posted by Frederick Sport & Spine Clinics on Thursday, March 8, 2018